How to Build Muscle - Some Regrets

Oh the trappings of youth, on one hand, we have all the energy and enthusiasm in the world.
But.
On the other, sometimes all of our energy is focused in the wrong place.
With this said, I am going to lay out three mistakes I made when I was a raw beginner-and show you how to avoid them.
Here we go!
TIME DOES MATTER
When I was a rank beginner who had just been bitten by the bodybuilding bug - I had no conception of the amount of time I spent training.
My energy was so high - and I wanted to be big so bad - that I just trained and trained and trained.
Yes, I was over trained - by a mile.
Again, though, I did not realize it at the time - I just loved training so much that I over did it by a ton.
Looking back, I should have spent less time in the gym-and more time recovering.
So for all you youngsters out there-remember you do not grow in the gym - you grow when you are resting.
FOCUS ON THE BASICS
The next thing I should have done was focus on the basics.
The big lifts like squats, overhead presses and dead lifts.
This would have given me a solid base from which to build from.
But of course, I was more interested in building big arms and a big chest.
Lesson - focus on getting stronger on the basics - and to be fair the above list was brief - and you will be more than happy with the results
To expand on this just a bit, I know there are other methods of gaining muscle, but for the beginner, focusing on getting stronger is a good thing.
The other methods can come later.
LEARN PROPER FORM
In the beginning I was so concerned with lifting that I did not even give the words - proper form - a thought.
But here is the thing, for all of you beginners out there - learn proper form right from the start.
First, it will help you NOT get hurt in the gym.
And second, and almost as important, you will NOT have to un-learn bad habits years latter.
So, swallow your pride and take weight of the bar or dumbbells and learn how to do each and EVERY exercise in good form - EVERY time.
Yes, it will take some time, but trust me on this-you will be glad you did.
CONCLUSION
Looking back can be fun, but in this case, I hope that my blast-from-the-past helps you side-step some of the mistakes I made when I was a beginner.
If this article helps just one lifter, it will be worth it!
GO FOR IT.
To learn the truth about how to transform your body in record time from SWAT performance trainer Will Brink, check out my review of his Bodybuilding Revealed Program by Clicking Here
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Eric_Duval

No comments:

Post a Comment